If you are involved in the management of your company, you may be well aware that the safety and well-being of your employees is a serious priority. Your employees play an integral role in facilitating your organization’s success and fulfilling the needs of your customers. As such, it is imperative that you maintain an environment where your employees can complete their obligations safely and effectively. At Harriss and Hartman Law Firm, P.C., we have helped many people in Georgia cope with personal injury claims.
One of the biggest risks your employees may face at work is slipping, tripping and falling. According to the Safety and Health Magazine, there are several actions you can take to prevent slips, trips and falls including the following:
- Immediately removing obstacles and debris that could obstruct the visibility of your employees.
- Providing trainings to educate your employees on the usage of proper footwear and safety gear.
- Seeing that spills are cleaned up right away and that wet areas have proper signage to warn your employees that the surface may be slippery.
- Keeping your flooring in good condition and installing abrasive mats where needed to eliminate unnecessary hazards.
- Making sure that all loose cables and cords are properly secured to prevent tripping hazards.
- Keeping all filing cabinet drawers securely closed when no one is using them and encourage your employees to do the same.
By following these tips and doing your part to encourage safety among your employees, you can effectively eliminate hazards that could potentially cause an accident. For more information about slips, trips and falls, visit our web page.