Truck Accident Victims Have A Skilled Legal Ally
On any given day, the roads and highways of northwest Georgia can be filled with trucks hauling cargo throughout the state and the country. These big-rig, 18-wheeler trucks can pose danger to other drivers if improperly driven, manufactured, maintained or even loaded.
When a motor vehicle accident occurs involving a truck, it leaves other car drivers in vulnerable positions. A truck accident can be severe and complex, leading to catastrophic injuries and even wrongful death. Negligence often is at the root of truck accidents, and a seasoned and aggressive personal attorney can help you secure the compensation you deserve. Since 1972, Harriss and Hartman Law Firm, P.C., in Rossville, is a local law firm that has represented hundreds of clients throughout the region.
Negligent Parties Can Vary
Friendly, professional and more than competent, our seasoned attorneys are focused, attentive and prepared to fight for the compensation you deserve now and in the future. In seeking compensation, we can go after a number of potential negligent parties that may include the:
- Trucking company: For improperly training its drivers and pushing drivers to work long hours leading to fatigue
- Truck manufacturer: For providing defective parts to the several-ton vehicle and making it dangerous for the road
- Truck driver: For being reckless; speeding and ignoring traffic laws; or driving while under the influence of alcohol, or a controlled substance such as speed, marijuana or cocaine
- Maintenance contractor: For providing poor upkeep and shoddy repair work to the company’s fleet of vehicles
- The shipping and loading company: For improperly loading the truck, causing an unbalanced load, potentially resulting in the cargo shifting and causing the truck to overturn
With strong and deep local ties, we are well-respected within our community, region and among our peers. We will guide you through the legal process, investigate the accident and work to the best of our abilities.
Get A Free Initial Consultation With Us
For nearly 50 years, Harriss and Hartman Law Firm, P.C., in Rossville, Georgia, has guided clients in personal injury cases. If you have been injured in a truck accident, you face many physical and financial challenges due to medical costs and loss of work along with pain and suffering. Our attorneys are ready to help. With a branch office in Trenton, we serve clients throughout Northwest Georgia, including Fort Oglethorpe, Walker and Catoosa counties. For a free initial consultation, please contact us or call 706-406-1649.